Amber Waves of Shame
Alright, this is too big to pass up, especially because the Canadians did it first.
It caught my eye when I walked by a TV back in the days of dorm life (last week) and saw Trump and Ray Charles listed as 51 and 50, respectively. I'm talking about The Greatest American, a show running on the Discovery Channel hosted by Matt "From NBC Studios, this is Today with Katie Couric and Matt Lauer" Lauer. The narrowing down to the top 25 has happened, and the countdown to #1 is on. Check out the link and see who the list was, and note the star logos that mark the ones that made it to the top 25.
Click here to see the atrocity that is "The Greatest American"
The American Public has voted, and George W and Billy Graham advance to the final 25 leaving Charles Lindbergh, Malcolm X, the Babe, Jackie Robinson and Frederick Douglass to wonder why they are in the same category (being the top 100, so please show some outrage) as Laura and Barbara Bush.
Some other notables include John Edwards, Barack Obama, Condeleezza Rice, f*cking Rush Limbaugh and Dr. Phil all in the top 100. If you cured polio, founded the evil empire of Wal-Mart, danced in your underwear, invented Mormonism, recently got acquitted of child molestation, wear your hair in a strange way, defied Hitler by way of track and field, spoke softly and carried a big stick or quit the NFL to fight in the Army, then you are automatically a great American.
I threw some legit ones in their for a reason. They're supposed to be there. Come on, this list looks like a joke. For example, BBC viewers got together and came up with this. Now, I love that man as much as anybody, but they're trying to tell us something. Oh, and where's Einstein from again? This nation doesn't remember its history. I'm pretty sure it flipped open a recent copy of Newsweek and voted that way.
When the Canadians picked their top three, two were political forces (one Kiefer Sutherland's grandpa, the other a PM that dated celebrities) and one was a cancer sufferer who died trying to prove dreams can come true.
If you're politically or historically savvy, please post a reply. Even if you're not, speak out.
I'm moving to Canada, where Alexander Graham Bell actually made the top 10.
It caught my eye when I walked by a TV back in the days of dorm life (last week) and saw Trump and Ray Charles listed as 51 and 50, respectively. I'm talking about The Greatest American, a show running on the Discovery Channel hosted by Matt "From NBC Studios, this is Today with Katie Couric and Matt Lauer" Lauer. The narrowing down to the top 25 has happened, and the countdown to #1 is on. Check out the link and see who the list was, and note the star logos that mark the ones that made it to the top 25.
Click here to see the atrocity that is "The Greatest American"
The American Public has voted, and George W and Billy Graham advance to the final 25 leaving Charles Lindbergh, Malcolm X, the Babe, Jackie Robinson and Frederick Douglass to wonder why they are in the same category (being the top 100, so please show some outrage) as Laura and Barbara Bush.
Some other notables include John Edwards, Barack Obama, Condeleezza Rice, f*cking Rush Limbaugh and Dr. Phil all in the top 100. If you cured polio, founded the evil empire of Wal-Mart, danced in your underwear, invented Mormonism, recently got acquitted of child molestation, wear your hair in a strange way, defied Hitler by way of track and field, spoke softly and carried a big stick or quit the NFL to fight in the Army, then you are automatically a great American.
I threw some legit ones in their for a reason. They're supposed to be there. Come on, this list looks like a joke. For example, BBC viewers got together and came up with this. Now, I love that man as much as anybody, but they're trying to tell us something. Oh, and where's Einstein from again? This nation doesn't remember its history. I'm pretty sure it flipped open a recent copy of Newsweek and voted that way.
When the Canadians picked their top three, two were political forces (one Kiefer Sutherland's grandpa, the other a PM that dated celebrities) and one was a cancer sufferer who died trying to prove dreams can come true.
If you're politically or historically savvy, please post a reply. Even if you're not, speak out.
I'm moving to Canada, where Alexander Graham Bell actually made the top 10.

2 Comments:
AAHHH!!! That's horrifying and TRAGIC...yet it explains so much about how stupid we've become. Rush Limbaugh was the one that particularly caught my attention...AHH!
~Julia
As of right now, it's only 16 hours, 23 minutes, and 14 seconds before I'm done with this country for a good long while. Off to the land of no handguns, SUV's, republicans, or religious right.
Post a Comment
<< Home