Monday, August 29, 2005

Carrock Your Sock

The away-message stalker is a relatively untapped resource when it comes to learning how the world looks at you.

An early morning message I left up last Friday simply read "that was the nerdiest reason for losing sleep in the history of losing sleep." I was then, in the span of 2.5 hours, corrected by two different people, each citing separate occasions on which I stayed up for an un-toppable nerdy reason, a list that includes:

1) illegal rope-swing-fairy-wing sword fights
2) perpetually duct-taping a person to a dorm chair
3) perfume/cologne wars
4) a Lord of the Rings marathon

That last one was the closest to the recent truth: a brutal 7 hour LOTR Risk game in which I, the only army of good on the board, found myself in an on-going struggle to not be wiped out by the evil armies that kept each-other in check. I finally made my move in the 6th hour, taking over most of the world in one campaign, only to see one last 50-50 roll of the dice go against me. I then watched the elves get slaughtered for an hour. By 6:30 am, the world had fallen into darkness.

And that's where I've been all this time. Now please forget you ever read this, unless you want to play. In which case, clear your sleeping schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home