What's Not Going To Happen Tomorrow*
IF OBAMA WINS:
- I will not take November 5th to chastise my conservative friends and family.
- I will not take any results and hang them in the loss column of a Republican, nor will I carry an arsenal of seemingly devastating results and inferences to unleash upon those who believe in something different than me, because that process is meant to be a conversation.
- I will venting my anger and frustration that has formed these last eight years and send them out on those whose base I believe stands firmly in the way of science and progress. In order to move forward we will address failed policies only in order to help us understand our current state, and not to let it discourage us or distance ourselves from the other side.
- The candidate I support today I will still support tomorrow. He is about unity and a greater responsibility on the American citizen to work together in our community and in our democracy.
- I will remember that every citizen is important, and everyone believes they did the right thing, and the task will be to find a common place where we can find as many right things as we can and do them together.
- I will put my hand on the shoulder of those whose candidate lost, and look them in the eye as my fellow American, ready to start day two of a new era on November 6th.I will work harder in order to make this country better.
IF MCCAIN WINS:
See above.
*The exception to all of this, of course, is Governor Sarah Palin, who defiantly stands outside of every good intention I have, outside of my hope for a United States of America, and represents everything I flat-out despise about conservative politics. If there is one person I would want to rub some results in the face of, it is her, and only her. The sad truth is that Senator McCain would bear the entirety of a loss, and the proudly ignorant Governor Palin would believe that, without Senator McCain, she would have won, and that she is what this nation needs next. It's her that I want to lose, and lose bad, lose disgracefully, and never come back, while Senator McCain continues to serve his country in the Senate.
- I will not take November 5th to chastise my conservative friends and family.
- I will not take any results and hang them in the loss column of a Republican, nor will I carry an arsenal of seemingly devastating results and inferences to unleash upon those who believe in something different than me, because that process is meant to be a conversation.
- I will venting my anger and frustration that has formed these last eight years and send them out on those whose base I believe stands firmly in the way of science and progress. In order to move forward we will address failed policies only in order to help us understand our current state, and not to let it discourage us or distance ourselves from the other side.
- The candidate I support today I will still support tomorrow. He is about unity and a greater responsibility on the American citizen to work together in our community and in our democracy.
- I will remember that every citizen is important, and everyone believes they did the right thing, and the task will be to find a common place where we can find as many right things as we can and do them together.
- I will put my hand on the shoulder of those whose candidate lost, and look them in the eye as my fellow American, ready to start day two of a new era on November 6th.I will work harder in order to make this country better.
IF MCCAIN WINS:
See above.
*The exception to all of this, of course, is Governor Sarah Palin, who defiantly stands outside of every good intention I have, outside of my hope for a United States of America, and represents everything I flat-out despise about conservative politics. If there is one person I would want to rub some results in the face of, it is her, and only her. The sad truth is that Senator McCain would bear the entirety of a loss, and the proudly ignorant Governor Palin would believe that, without Senator McCain, she would have won, and that she is what this nation needs next. It's her that I want to lose, and lose bad, lose disgracefully, and never come back, while Senator McCain continues to serve his country in the Senate.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home